DIY Craft Tutorial: Heart Valentine for Long Distance Relationship
Donna likes using hier geneesheer background to create joy craft projects with a special concentrate on using repurposed or handy household materials.
My hubby and I will be spending Valentine’s Day speciaal this year. He will be traveling, but it’s not a big overeenkomst. It’s also not the very first time wij’ve bot separated on Valentine’s Day. Wij lived te different states when wij very first embarked dating and spent many holidays chic. But this year I dreamed to make him something special for Valentine’s Day to let him know that I’ll be thinking of him.
This special valentine features a ruffled heart made of recycled opbergmap chunks and a heart-felt message of love: “Together Forever, Never Chic.” Albeit I made my valentine spil a framed lump of kunst, you could also use this same technology to make a larger heart wreath or a smaller heart for a Valentine’s Day card.
You can also use other materials like scrapbook paper, tissue paper or paper doilies if you do not want to use opbergmap lumps. You can use a diversity of materials to make your valentine private and truly special.
Materials for Making a Ruffled Heart Valentine
- Five or 6 sheets of paper featuring opbergmap vormgeving (like from an old atlas) or other decorative paper or doilies – this paper should be two-sided spil both sides will vertoning
- 1 or Two sheets of coordinating decorative or scrapbook paper (for backing and framework)
- (optional) a 1 to Two inch round paper punch – you can also just use scissors but a large paper punch will be quicker
- hot glue gun and white craft glue or glue stick
- ruler, pencil, and scissors
- (optional) a pre-made framework for displaying your heart valentine
How to Make a Ruffled Heart Valentine
1. The very first step ter making your valentine is to determine on the size of your heart. You can make a larger heart to make a chunk of kunst to string up on the wall, or a smaller heart to decorate a special Valentine’s Day card. Merienda you determine on your size, you need to find or make a heart template. You can either look for a heart form online and resize it for your project, or make your own template.
I made my own heart form, and it is finta effortless. I knew I dreamed my ruffled heart to be about 8 inches square. So I took a chunk of paper and folded it ter half. Along the fold, I marked my 8 inch measurement. Then I measure9 Four inches away from my fold (half the width of my final heart) and drew another mark. This created a opbergruimte which I could use to cut my heart. Using scissors, I cut half my heart form out of my folded paper. When I unfolded my paper, I had a ideally shaped heart.
Two. Now take your heart template and trace that on to a lump of paper that you’ll be using to make your ruffled chunks. I made my ruffled lumps from pages from an atlas, so I traced my template onto another atlas pagina and cut out my heart.
This background chunk will display ter places inbetween your ruffles, so you will want the background of your heart to match your ruffles.
Trio. Glue your decorative heart on to your backing paper using white glue or glue stick. This backing paper can be a folded sheet that you project to use for your card or a larger lump of paper for a framed artwork.
Then waterput your heart to the side for now.
Four. Take your other atlas pages, or whatever paper you want to use for your ruffles, and start to cut a bunch of 1 to Two inch circles. A large round paper punch will make this process lighter, but I just traced a cardboard paper towel roll to make my circles and cut them out with scissors. Thesis circles do not need to be volmaakt.
How many circles you will need depends on the size of your heart. My circles were about 1 1/Two inches te middellijn and I used about 50 circles to make the ruffles to decorate my heart.
Five. Merienda you have a bunch of circles cut, embark folding them to create the ruffled lumps. For each circle, fold your lump ter half, but do not crease it. Then fold your circle te half the other way, again attempting to avoid creasing the paper. The result might look a bit like a fortune cookie.
It your chunks will not stay folded, you can waterput a little lump of gauze down by the point to hold your open completes together.
6. When all your lumps are folded, begin linking them to your heart around the outer edge. Working leisurely and only about an inch at a time, waterput down some hot glue and quickly stand your ruffled chunk ter the glue with the point end down.
Glue your ruffled chunks so they are all facing te the same direction and attempt to tuck them together spil closely spil possible.
7. If you have trouble getting your chunks to stand up ter the glue, you can trim off a little bit of the point so you have a vapid surface to stick ter the glue.
8. Commence by lining up your lumps around the outer edge of your heart, then start to pack te the center. Work leisurely.
9. I lined up all my ruffled chunks going the same way along the edge of my heart. Then for the next round inwards my heart, I faced my ruffles going the other way. I continued ter this pattern to pack ter the center of my heart.
Ending Your Ruffled Heart Valentine
There are many ways to finish and decorate your ruffled heart valentine.
- If you are making your heart into a card, you can add your Valentine’s Day message and sign your card.
- If you want to use your heart spil a chunk of artwork, you can place it into a framework with a decorative border and also add a sweet message.
I waterput my heart into a 12 inch square framework. To add some toegevoegd color, I cut a paper framework out of some coordinating scrapbook paper. On this paper framework, I wrote my valentine message “together forever, never exclusief.” I found this anonymous quote on a webstek by searching for quotes about long distance relationships.
Adding Lettering to Your Valentine
Creating lettering for a handmade voorwerp can be fairly daunting, but there are some effortless ways to add words to any project:
- most craft stores sell letterteken stickers or fondle on letters ter a broad diversity of sizes and styles. Thesis letters are effortless to use, but usually only come ter a few colors.
- craft stores also sell letterteken stencils that you can trace or letters already cut out of decorative paper that you can glue on your project.
- you can use a Circut or a Silhouette machine to cut out vinyl or paper letters to use or to trace. Thesis machines can be expensive, but offerande a broad diversity of typefaces and sizes that you can make your letters.
- there are also some effortless ways to use your own handwriting to create decorative lettering:
How to Turn Your Own Handwriting into Decorative Lettering
Here are two effortless ways to use your own handwriting to create decorative lettering for a multitude of projects:
- you can make formal, fancy lettering
- you can make colorful, playful lettering
How to Use Your Handwriting to Make Fancy Lettering
Very first, how to make fancy lettering:
1. Write the word you want to use ter either a light pencil or a fine point marker. When writing, leave a bit more space inbetween letters than you might ordinarily. Attempt to add a few more loops and connect a few of your letters if it feels comfy.
Two. Next, draw another line to the left of each letterteken ter the places where you make a downward mark (or stir your pencil down to form the letterteken). For example, I moved my pencil down to form the bottom loop of my “g”.
Trio. Now pack ter the space inbetween your two lines to make a thicker line on your downward strokes. Spil you work, slick the transition from this thicker areas to the thinner marks ter your letters.
When your letters are accomplish, go overheen the entire thing with a dark marker to unify the look of your lettering
How to Make Joy, Colorful Lettering
This lettering is joy to do and excellent to use on invitations or posters.
1. Write the word you want to use with a light pencil. Again, leave a little reserve space inbetween your letters. Attempt to make your letters spil plain spil possible.
Two. Now, te pencil, draw an outline surrounding each one of your letters separately. When done, erase your flamante letters inwards your outline.
Trio. Color te your outline using colored pencils, watercolor, or tempera paint. During the coloring process is a excellent time to sharpen your letters and straighten any lines so your lettering looks clean.
Have joy playing around with your handwriting to make some joy lettering for your project!
Copyright В© by Donna Herron. All rights reserved.